Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Matter 2: Hairspray/Shine

For my second matter, I chose hair shine/spray. I use this to style my hair and give it a sort of natural shine.
The solution is in liquid form in the container. It’s a clear color and has a shiny look to it. When sprayed, the solution turns into a vapor. Now I’ll describe some of the chemical changes. As the solution is pumped out of the bottle, the liquid disperses into a gas. Knowing this, we can classify this as a colloid. When I use this hairspray, I feel the liquid hit my hair and I can sense the smell (it smells like hair product and roses). After several seconds, the liquid hardens, keeping my hair in place. I assume that the molecules in the solution react with the molecules in the air and in my hair. The solution turns into a kind of solid.

No comments:

Post a Comment