Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Matter 3: Acrylic Paint (light/sky blue!)

Acrylic Paint right out of the tube


Acrylic Paint completely dry

For my third matter, I decided to choose light blue acrylic paint.
This solution, like the hairspray, is in liquid form. It is a really thick liquid, almost a solid, but a liquid nonetheless. It is a pretty sky blue color. The texture is squishy, gooey, and slightly liquidy. When taken out of its sealed container, the solution mixes with the air, causing the solution to dry over a period of time. In other words, when the liquid paint is exposed to oxygen, it slowly evaporates. I can tell that it is going through a chemical change because when I squeeze out paint, I immediately smell the chemicals. I can then tell that the solution is slowly evaporating.

No comments:

Post a Comment