Tuesday, June 28, 2011

This is why it's not a good idea to use an old video camera to do an assignment....

So the worst possible thing that could possibly happen, happened. I set up my camera (it takes film, but can be uploaded digitally) and I recorded myself teaching the lesson. Everything was great. I opened up imovie, plugged in my camera, and rewound the tape. This is where it gets bad… I pressed the stop button, to stop the tape from rewinding, and the camera immediately ejected the tape by itself. There was a loud “REEEEEEEE” sound, followed by excessive clicking. All of the sudden, film started crawling out of the tape!! I pressed stop again, but that only made it worse. I turned off the camera and took the battery and tape out. Luckily, my dad helped me get all of the film back into the tape. I placed the tape into the camera and tried again. This time, the video began uploading. When it finished, I previewed it. It looked terrible! The film cuts off at random points…. There’s a lot of clicking sounds… and the original sound is totally gone. I’m really disappointed about what happened. I thought that this was going to be one of my best videos! :(

No comments:

Post a Comment